Tuesday 6 October 2009

My Gear

Professional photographers say, and they are right, that photos are made by photographers, and not by cameras.

I agree with them, but in the other hand it’s difficult, without the right tools, to shoot the photos we have in our mind.

For that reason i’m trying to have the most complete and versatile photo gear that my budget permits, to be able to face successfully almost every situation.

My current gear, built in two years, consists of:

 

  • Cameras:
    • Nikon D40
    • Nikon FM
    • Apple iPhone 3Gs 32GB (supposing it can be considered a camera…)
  • Lenses:
    • Nikkor 18-55 f3.5-5.6
    • VR Nikkor 55-200 f4-5.6
    • AF Nikkor 50 f1.8
    • Nikkor AI 135 f3.5
    • Sigma EX 70-200 f2.8 HSM II
  • Flash:
    • Nikon Speedlight SB-600
    • Completely manual flash, of almost unknown brand
  • Tripods:
    • Hama tripod, very light but also unstabile
    • Manfrotto 190XPROB
    • Manfrotto 484 RC2 ballhead
    • Chinese three-way head (it’s made of steel, so it’s very sturdy, but also very heavy)
  • Camera Bag:
    • Kata DR465
  • Filters:
    • 52mm Hoya Wide Angle circular polarizer (fits on all my lenses but the Sigma)
    • 52mm UV filter (on the 50 f1.8, I need three more…)
    • 77mm UV filter
  • Accessories:
    • Nikon ML-L3 IR remote shutter release
    • Nikon SC-28 flash cord

 

In the future I would like (if my finances will allow it) to upgrade to faster lenses (like the 17-55 2.8), and a better body (maybe a D300 or D300s)

No comments:

Post a Comment